The Outlook has obtained the adopted minutes of the December 11 regular meeting of Outlook’s town council, as well as the minutes of the Recreation Committee meeting on December 18 and special meeting of council on January 7.
The following are highlighted motions and informational points that had been made at those meetings, including any motions made after council exited in-camera discussions, which are closed to the public.
December 11 Regular Meeting
Protective Services Committee Meeting
947/19 – Applin/Grotheim: That a Protective Services Committee Meeting be held early in 2020 to review the concerns expressed by the RM of Rudy, the Village of Broderick, and the Village of Glenside, regarding the proposed fire protection agreement, and that this item be added to the agenda for a joint meeting with these municipalities. Carried.
Lead Water Lines
956/19 – Simonson/Applin: That Public Works staff be authorized to survey homeowners on Pangman, Selkirk, and McKenzie streets to determine if any have lead water lines leading into their homes, and that the results of this survey be brought back before council for further action if necessary. Carried.
958/19 – Grotheim/Applin: That Council ratify the replacement of the radiator at the east end of the Town Office, at an estimated cost of $1,800.00, and that Council authorize the replacement of the west end boiler in the 2020 budget. Carried.
Loraas Recycling Bins
961/19 – Childerhose/McLeod: That Council authorize the use of one large Loraas Recycling Bin be shared between the Rec Plex and the Swimming Pool, at a cost of $103.00 per month, plus surcharges. Carried
962/19 – Applin/McLeod: That Council authorize the use of one large Loraas cardboard bin at the landfill, at a cost of $440.00 per haul. Carried.
965/19 – Childerhose/Applin: That the capital projects proposed by Associated Engineering be prioritized as follows:
#1 – Lagoon Study
#2 – Drainage Master Plan
#3 – Impacted Sites Funding Availability for Rail Yards
#4 – Conceptual Servicing of Rail Yards Lots
#5 – Water Reservoir Cost Estimate
Mayor’s Cell Phone Expense
1001/19 – McLeod/Childerhose: That Mayor Derdall’s monthly expense for cell phone use be increased by $20.00 per month, effective January 1, 2020. Carried.
Waiver for Slope Slumping
1002/19 – Applin/Grotheim: That Troy Baril be contracted to prepare a suitable release document for properties affected, or potentially affected, by slope slumping. Carried.
December 18 Recreation Committee Meeting
- Notification was received from Minor Sports regarding altercation at rink – it was agreed that the Town would send a letter to the parties involved indicating that the Town has a zero-tolerance policy, therefore banning the individual(s) from the facility for the remainder of the season.
- Recommendation: That the Town implement a policy of “three strikes of abuse – banned for life” at all town facilities.
- 2020 Budget:
- a. Heat in swimming pool change rooms
- b. Change out two urinals in rink
- c. C-cans for storage
- d. Fencing on one diamond
- e. Old pool heater in rink
- f. Showers in each of the dressing rooms
- g. Light covers
- h. Change lights to LED’s
- i. Paint – doors and lobby
- j. Ball diamond bleachers repaired
- k. Ball diamond sprinklers – Check and repair as needed
- l. Bathroom upgrades at Civic Centre
January 7 Special Council Meeting
Protective Services Agreement
002/20 – Applin/Simonson: That a letter be sent to the RM of Rudy, and the Villages of Glenside and Broderick, outlining the revenues and expenses and cost per capita over the last three years, and that possible dates for a meeting be January 23rd or 21st. Carried.