The Outlook has obtained the adopted minutes of several recent meetings held by the Town of Outlook, including the June 10 regular council meeting, as well as the June 17 Recreation Committee meeting, June 17 Special meeting, and June 22 Protective Services Committee meeting.
The following are highlighted motions and informational points that were made at those meetings, including any motions of interest made after council exited in-camera discussions, which are closed to the public.
June 10 Regular Meeting
Legion Request for Parking Lot Bingo:
506/20 – McLeod/Smith: That permission be granted to the Outlook Branch of the Royal Canadian Legion to host a parking lot bingo in the parking lot of the Jim Kook Rec Plex, providing all social distancing requirements are adhered to. Carried.
Utility Service Agreement:
519/20 – Simonson/Childerhose: That the Utility Service Agreement draft be accepted as circulated and sent out to Central Source companies for bids. Carried.
Landfill Hours of Operation:
528/20 – Childerhose/McLeod: That Council approve the revised summer landfill hours of operation as follows:
Tuesday to Friday 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
And that Administration prepare the necessary bylaw changes. Carried.
June 17 Special Meeting
Council Present: Mayor: B. Ross Derdall
Councillors: David Simonson, Maureen Applin, Kevin Grotheim, Kyle McLeod, Floyd Childerhose, Donna Smith (via Zoom)
Staff Present: Chief Administrative Officer, Huguette Lutz
Others Present: Daniel Gray, Bryan Gray of Urban Systems (via Zoom)
Planning & Development:
There was general discussion regarding direction for planning the Mann Street Subdivision.
534/20 – Applin/Grotheim: That Council authorize proceeding with Option 3 from Associated Engineering’s proposal of June 16, 2020, at a cost of $18,000 for total management of the landfill project. Carried.
June 17 Recreation Committee Meeting
Swimming Pool to open July 1st. Committee discussed the operational schedule and lessons registration plan.
o Swimming lessons are proposed to be held from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with public swimming from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
o Cleaning will need to be done every two to three hours.
o A mail-out will be prepared
o Staff in-service will be scheduled
o Council wants confirmation in writing that a parent must be in the pool with the swimmer.
o Benches in the change room will not be done this year (not in budget).
Quotes were received and reviewed for the 8 x 12 shed. No tenders accepted.
Chemical shed (12 x 18) – Trevor was instructed to look at other options (i.e., possibly adding on to the mechanical building), and have the plans ready for tender early in 2021.
Nordic Fence quote was reviewed.
Recommendation: That Council proceed with the supply and installation of 4’ home run fencing, and repair of sideline fences including lacing mesh, at a cost of $10,583.68 on Ball Diamond #5, with remaining diamonds #1 and #4 budgeted in subsequent years.
o Trevor to discuss Ball Diamond #3 (Senior diamond) with the senior ball team regarding possible funding to redo this ball diamond.
Trevor to talk to OmniSport to get the outdoor rink location marked off for Sask Power.
Trevor to coordinate with Luke to get the water and sewer lines relocated in preparation for the outdoor rink installation and Sask Power line relocation.
Recommendation: That Council authorize the ball diamonds be opened for use.
Recommendation: That Council authorize the spray park be opened for use.
Trevor to research rates.
Invite Minor Sports Chairperson to next Recreation Committee Meeting on July 15th.
Plywood Skirting quotes were reviewed. Trevor was instructed to reassess what is needed and redo the quote request.
Trevor was instructed to email the list of contractors to the committee members.
Trevor was instructed to get a written quote from Rafoss Plumbing for the boiler removal and replacement at the RecPlex, quote to include electrical work.
Trevor was instructed to get Rafoss to remove the push buttons in the showers at the RecPlex.
It was agreed that Trevor put together an RFP for the utility room at the RecPlex, to include: cut out the windows onto the curling ice, lighting, mud and tape the walls, repaint, new flooring.
Ideas were discussed for the ICIP grant application. Trevor was instructed to put together a plan to include all the ball diamond renovations (fencing and removal of dugouts), pool sheds, parking area, and picnic area at the swimming pool.
Administration was asked to contact Walker Projects to ask about a proposal for a new Kinsmen Park building.
June 22 Protective Services Committee Meeting
Present: Mayor Ross Derdall
Councillors: Maureen Applin, Floyd Childerhose, Kevin Grotheim, Kyle McLeod, David Simonson,
Staff: Huguette Lutz, Chief Administrative Officer
Jim Cheyne, Emergency Measures Coordinator
The purpose of the meeting was to review the proposed Emergency Measures Plan and to discuss Mutual Aid Agreements.
It was agreed that Mr. Cheyne be responsible for contacting the RM of Rudy and the RM of Fertile Valley to begin discussions regarding a mutual aid agreement.
It was agreed that an Emergency Notification System be developed as time permits. Mr. Cheyne will look into this on behalf of the Town.
It was recommended that all members of the Emergency Response Team, including council, take the ICS 100 course online, and ICS 200 course, if possible.
Mr. Cheyne will review the Emergency Response Plan again, and recommend any changes so that the plan can be reviewed and approved by council at the July 8th meeting.
Members of council mentioned that weeds needed to be attended to before they get out of hand again.