The sheer numbers behind the Town of Outlook’s recycling program as it relates to the year-end volume stats certainly have to be read to be believed.
Acting Superintendent Luke Lockhart provided The Outlook with a copy of the total numbers for materials that were processed in 2018, and they include the following:
- Cardboard: 297 bails weighing 408,621 lbs
- Mixed Paper: 53 bails weighing 87,514 lbs
- Newsprint: 25 bails weighing 36,973 lbs
- Granulated Plastics: 28 bulk bags weighing 34,016 lbs
- Plastic Film: 20 bails weighing 24,539 lbs
- Glass: 24,216 lbs
- Tin: 15 bails weighing 19,578 lbs
The 438 combined bails and bulk bags made for a total combined weight of 635,457 lbs of materials that were processed in 2018.
Certainly, these large numbers show that the Town’s recycling program continues to be a success.